Last night I had blogged about my day and in the process of telling you ALL about it and somehow right as I published it, I had magically deleted the whole thing somehow and left you with that last paragraph that is there now. I was literally falling asleep while typing so I have not a clue what I was doing when I was unconcious. Since the day was so great, I’m going to post it ONE more time…
- Left for work at 7:30AM
- Productivity kicks in at 8AM
- Worked intensely on the Open House invitation and finished up the comps to prep for the presentation to the committee (Nicole -Art Director + Kevin – Client Analyst + Terri – Office Manager + Erica – Project Coordinator)
- 2:00PM – Got face time with Jessica – Online Community Manager to talk about ways to do online research and got an abundance collection of resources to go to do that. I felt like I learned a whole load of stuff that I should have had knowledge of through school. In fact, I think that is something that The Art Institute of Portland can improve on, and that is to provide such a database for these things for students and if there was one, LET THEM KNOW… Thanks! I got about an hour with Jessica and left with a ton of places to go for information on SameUnderneath. They aren’t a very big company so it was definitely harder to find good places with the juicy information but there were a few. Thanks for all your help! Here are some places she mentioned:
- 3:00PM – Meeting with the Invitations committee. This meeting went really well. I had my three mock-ups ready to present to everyone and I received a really positive response. They all really liked them and helped me narrow it down to their favorite one so that I can make my adjustments to finalize it. After this stage is complete, I will be pitching this piece to Doug New – Founder of The New Group as well as Tom – Strategist and I believe the rest of the committee who is involved. Wish me luck 🙂
- Spoke to Julie – Designer about her experiences at Henry V since she was previously there for about 2 years before she came here to The New Group. She was great. She really liked it there and said it was a really fast paced environment with amazing people and every project you got was just totally different than the last. I think that type of job is something that I would really like to find because I function most efficiently through pressure and *stress while having a constant flow of different projects keeps life exciting.
- Got my KATU News Scholarship check in and got a good chunk of my private education loans paid off! THANK YOU KATU.
- Met with my favorite employer Lynette Xanders of Wild Alchemy for dinner. Always great to see her. Many great things are coming up and of all people, she will be one who keeps me busy and up through the night cranking out a last minute project. Love it!
- Had my first class for summer term… my final porfolio class with Dale Gronso. I’m graduating on September 19th and that means I only have about 8 weeks to get my portfolio together and ready to find that perfect employer. Many will find that really intimidating and stressful but I honestly have not found that to be true yet. Maybe because I try not to think about it or maybe I feel I have too many other things going on to really stress about anything anymore. I am just going to take things day by day, do as many things as I can and meet as many people as I can to hopefully set myself up for “THE JOB,” a term that Dale mentioned many many times last night. That is exactly what I want. I’m not JUST looking for a job, I’m looking for that ultimate job that will keep me on my toes and show me the ropes to becoming an extraordinary designer and business woman. I think that just being in this COLABORATORY internship is taking me well towards that direction.
- Lastly, spoke to Jake and he mentioned a family get together that they were having and his dad was offering to get me a ticket out there (wisconsin) to join them. I would absolutely love to but with COLAB i’m not sure if that’s going to be possible yet. We’ll have to see. I’ll be gone the weekend of the 8th if I do go. Possibly I can leave Friday and come back Sunday.
GREAT day. Now gotta go for another. If you’re reading this part, THANK YOU for actually reading! I’ve always wondered if people actually read all this stuff… 😀